By Jill Fox
Back in its second year, Parkland will hold its annual Light up the Park event featuring nine local performance groups, arts and crafts, food trucks, games, music, and a holiday show with professional LED light performers.
The special evening held at the Parkland Amphitheater on Friday, December 13, from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. will feature musicians and dancers from Westglades Middle School, the Park Trails Elementary School Chorus and the step team, Legends of Destiny from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.
A festive walk-through area will include plenty of holiday-themed inflatables for kids to enjoy, like a gingerbread bounce house, a winter wonderland obstacle course, and the polar bear plunge slide.
Christine Garcia, Director of Parks and Recreation, said as you walk into the park, you will be greeted with huge lit arches, more children’s activities, and even more performances than last year. Additionally, the free event will have an oversized light brite, a digital graffiti wall, and a photobooth for children and families to enjoy.
“Residents and their families should come to “Light up the Park” to help kick off the holiday season, here in Parkland,” she said.
The Parkland Amphitheater is located inside Pine Trails Park at 10561 Trails End. For more information, call 954-757-4105.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.19Parkland Community Blames Developer For Mold in Clubhouse
- News2021.01.14Parkland Resident Donates $20,000 To Chabad Playground Honoring Alyssa Alhadeff
- News2021.01.12Student-Led Organization ‘People of Change’ Promotes Racial Equality
- News2021.01.12Congregation Kol Tikvah Holds Virtual Comedy Night with Amazing Vacation Auctions Jan 30