By: Sharon Aron Baron
Somerset Parkland Academy, Parkland’s newest charter school, has named its new principal.
Geyler Herrera Castro was appointed after having worked as a professional educator for nearly 20 years. She joined the Somerset family in 2009 and is currently the principal of Somerset Academy Riverside in Coral Springs.
According to Academica, the Education Service Provider Somerset, under her leadership, both schools (the two schools will share one principal) will have an administrative team and group of teachers and staff who will be available to students and parents to ensure that each school’s goals are accomplished and even surpassed.
Before Riverside, she served as assistant principal of Somerset Academy Central Miramar, overseeing the campus’ elementary school. Under her leadership, the school achieved high-performing designation from the Florida Department of Education.
After receiving her bachelor of science degree in elementary education from Florida International University in 2003, Castro pursued and obtained a master of science degree in educational leadership from Nova Southeastern University in 2007.
She is a passionate, driven educator who believes that success is attainable by all.
“As a mother myself, my goal is to provide a nurturing and safe atmosphere for my students. One that encourages them to maximize their potential in their academic, social, and emotional development,” said Castro. “I look forward to serving the families of Parkland.”
Somerset Parkland Academy is a K-8 charter school slated to open in the fall of 2020 and is located at the intersection of Hillsboro Boulevard and University Drive.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.01.213 Men Arrested for Loitering, Prowling, This Week in Parkland Crime
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.21Polsky and Grieco Refile Legislation to Ban Conversion Therapy on Minors
- News2021.01.20Babies at Northwest Women’s Center Ready to Rumble During Playoffs