By: Jill Fox
Due to a severed fiber optic cable resulting in an internet outage, to the city and homes in the area, the previously scheduled city commission meeting has been rescheduled from the original date from Wednesday to Friday.
The new meeting on Friday, April 17, will take place at 5:00 p.m.
The internet outage, affecting AT&T customers has affected 1,500 households in Parkland.
Those who wish to address the city commission may submit a request to the City Clerk before the Commission meeting by signing up online before 6:45 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
Residents are invited to watch from the comfort of their homes. Meetings are live-streamed here.
Submit your news to Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.09.21Parkland Talk Interviews Jordan Isrow and Derek Olivier: Candidates for City Commission District 2
- News2020.09.174 Parkland Schools Make the Grade for Community Engagement in Education
- Events2020.09.15Parkland Synagogues Prepare for A Virtual New Year
- News2020.09.15Pap Corps Raises Almost $30,000 for Cancer Research