By Agrippina Fadel
Parkland Teen Nights are back with the Summer Bash Laser Tag event. Kids ages 12 to 15 are invited for an evening of fun, music, and cotton candy.
Held on Friday, June 24, from 6.30 to 8.30 p.m. at the P-REC Gymnasium, the event will include a Game Truck with X-Box and other consoles for the kids to play. Tickets are $3 for residents and $5 for non-residents.
Scott Harrison, Assistant Director of Parkland’s Parks and Recreation, said the city organized the first Teen Night in June 2021, with a big success, with over 30 local kids participating.
“We wanted to make it a monthly event, but in the fall, we realized that the teens are too busy and decided to keep it as a summer program,” he explained.
Harrison added that the teenagers are a tough crowd that is not easy to involve in city events, but Teen Night proved popular with them. “These evenings give them a chance to get together, play, and have fun,” he said.
Held on the third Friday of every month during the summer, future events include a field trip for roller-skating and go-cart at Xtreme Action Park on July 29; and dodgeball and obstacle course night at the P-Rec on August 26. Space is limited, and pre-registration is required.
The Parkland Recreation and Enrichment Center (P-REC) is located at 10559 Trails End. For more information, please call 954.757.4105.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2022.07.03Dog of the Week: Jackson is a Perfect Gentleman
- News2022.06.28Parkland’s Eats N’ Beats Features Free Concert by Country Singer Chas Collins
- News2022.06.24New Airline Offers $149 Flights from Fort Lauderdale to Europe
- News2022.06.21Parkland Teen Night: Laser Tag, Cotton Candy, and Games