By Jill Fox
This weekend, Parkland residents are in for a treat because the annual Family Fun Fest is back with three fun-filled days of carnival rides, games, music and more.
‘We are looking forward to starting the new year off with a fun community event for Parkland families,” said Alexandra Valle, Parks & Recreation Special Events Coordinator.
Presented by the City of Parkland and Northwest Medical Center in Margate, the popular event, typically held in March has been moved to January with the hope of cooler, drier weather.
From Friday, January 11 – 13, purchase a $25 wristband onsite for unlimited attractions all day. Event-goers can also choose to buy tickets individually for $1 or 12 for $10. Each ride will cost three to five tickets, and games and food can be purchased for cash only. Don’t have cash? No worries. There will be an ATM onsite.
Parkland Mayor, Christine Hunschofsky said that she is excited for the Family Fun Fest this weekend in Parkland. “It is a great community event that our families can enjoy together,” she said.
Live entertainment will start at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday with renowned illusionist Wayne Hoffman performing one of his mind-boggling shows. Hoffman has been featured on America’s Got Talent, The Ellen DeGeneres Show and the TODAY Show. His performances are high energy and involve body language tricks, human behavior and visual magic. At 8:00 p.m., the band Franscene will take the amphitheater stage for some rock and roll.
Hours for the 2019 Family Fun Fest are:
Friday, January 11, from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 12, from 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Sunday, January 13, from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 pm.
Pine Trails Park is located at 10555 Trails End, Parkland, FL 33076. Admission and parking are free.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- Schools2020.09.28Gina Rose Montalto Memorial Foundation Awards Total of 3 Scholarships
- News2020.09.27Our Interview with the Four Candidates for City Commission District 1
- News2020.09.253 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Create Masks with a Meaning
- News2020.09.25BSO Units Arrest 4 Suspects after Parkland Car Burglary