By Jill Fox
To alleviate congestion at the intersection of University Drive and Old Club Road, a roundabout is now in the works after the conceptual design was approved by the city commission.
The city surveyed residents and held a virtual public outreach meeting about various architectural designs for the project, which will replace the existing three-way stop adjacent to Parkland Golf and Country Club.
During the August 19 city commission meeting, the conceptual design — including a fountain was preferred by residents with 242 votes versus only 54 votes for the trellis feature.
The next step in the project is to complete the construction documents, due in November, followed by advertising to contractors in December, and bidding beginning in January 2021.
Construction on the project is scheduled to commence in March 2021 with completion by the end of the year.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer