By Jill Fox
To alleviate congestion at the intersection of University Drive and Old Club Road, a roundabout is now in the works after the conceptual design was approved by the city commission.
The city surveyed residents and held a virtual public outreach meeting about various architectural designs for the project, which will replace the existing three-way stop adjacent to Parkland Golf and Country Club.
During the August 19 city commission meeting, the conceptual design — including a fountain was preferred by residents with 242 votes versus only 54 votes for the trellis feature.
The next step in the project is to complete the construction documents, due in November, followed by advertising to contractors in December, and bidding beginning in January 2021.
Construction on the project is scheduled to commence in March 2021 with completion by the end of the year.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.21Evening Fire Damages Parkland Home in Heron Bay
- News2021.01.21Somerset Parkland Academy Owes Contractors $1.5 Million in Unpaid Bills
- News2021.01.19Parkland Community Blames Developer For Mold in Clubhouse
- News2021.01.14Parkland Resident Donates $20,000 To Chabad Playground Honoring Alyssa Alhadeff