By Jill Fox
To alleviate congestion at the intersection of University Drive and Old Club Road, a roundabout is now in the works after the conceptual design was approved by the city commission.
The city surveyed residents and held a virtual public outreach meeting about various architectural designs for the project, which will replace the existing three-way stop adjacent to Parkland Golf and Country Club.
During the August 19 city commission meeting, the conceptual design — including a fountain was preferred by residents with 242 votes versus only 54 votes for the trellis feature.
The next step in the project is to complete the construction documents, due in November, followed by advertising to contractors in December, and bidding beginning in January 2021.
Construction on the project is scheduled to commence in March 2021 with completion by the end of the year.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.07.30Meet Local School Resource Officers at ‘Parkland Night Out’ Event
- News2021.07.29Register For Inspiring Professional Women’s Alliance Luncheon Featuring State Rep. Hunschofsky
- News2021.07.28Parkland Little League Holds Free Pitch, Hit and Run Competition
- News2021.07.28Parkland Awarded $1.5 Million Grant For Future 36-Acre Park