By Jill Fox
Detectives made two arrests in connection to last week’s armed carjacking outside of the Parkland Wawa.
In the early morning hours of August 18, two men were exiting the Wawa store at 7705 State Road 7, when two armed suspects approached them.
One of the suspects acted like he had a weapon in his waistband, while the other held out a 10-inch knife. The suspects demanded the victims’ car keys, and they handed them over. The suspects fled in the 2011 Infiniti G37 at 3:30 a.m.
Later that day, Detectives Jermaine Johnson and Mark Delio from the Broward Sheriff’s Office Crime Suppression Team began searching for the stolen vehicle.
After spotting it traveling northbound on State Road 7, the detectives followed the vehicle to the 22000 block of NW 66th Avenue in Boca Raton.
All three occupants were removed from the vehicle, detained, and identified.
The driver, 19-year-old Linwoolse W. Silin, was charged with grand theft auto, possession of cocaine with the intent to sell, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon after detectives recovered a Smith and Wesson 40 Caliber Handgun fully loaded with 14 rounds. He was not a participant in the Wawa robbery.
The front-seat passenger, 18-year-old Joshua Washington, who was involved in the robbery, was charged with armed carjacking.
The back-seat juvenile passenger was not a participant in the robbery.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer