By: Claire Cornish
This four-year-old pup is small at around 36 pounds, but what he lacks in stature he makes up for in personality — all the more remarkable due to being vision-impaired.
Being a plucky little guy, though, Elton doesn’t let his impairment hold him back, and he is curious, adventurous, and interested in the world around him.
Elton sees his environment in terms of shapes and shadows. His favorite thing is to make out his favorite person’s shape and head on over to them for an ear scratch or to be petted.
He enjoys treat time very much and is always the first in line for a walk and walks very nicely.
Elton is worried that adopters won’t see past his vision impairment, and so are we. We are hoping his forever family will snap him up very soon.
Elton’s ID # is A2081190, and he is currently staying at Broward County Animal Care. Although the shelter is closed to the public for the moment, you can make an appointment to meet Elton by sending an email to ACADAdoptions@broward.org.
Elton says, “My vision is impaired, but I see clearly with my heart.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- News2020.12.31After Living Outside in a Cramped Cage, Sheena Needs a Life Indoors with a Forever Family
- News2020.12.27This Popular Puppy Needs a Permanent Place After 1 Year at Shelter
- News2020.11.23After a Year in the Shelter, This Good Boy is hoping for a Holiday Miracle
- News2020.09.24This Puppy Needs a Chance at a New Home and New Life