By: Sharon Aron Baron
As part of a unified command to ensure all of our federal, state, and local partners are working together for the safety of Broward County, Sheriff Tony assured the public they are working together to meet the challenges caused by the outbreak of COVID-19.
At the press conference held on Wednesday, Sheriff Tony said he wanted to debunk some myths about the issues related to the coronavirus and its ability to be transmitted through the cruise lines after two cruise ships returned to Port Everglades disembarking over 2,000 passengers.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, all arriving ships are being cleared concurrently by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Florida Department of Health, United States Coast Guard, United States Customs and Border Protection, Broward County Port Administration, and BSO before any passenger can disembark. Additionally, shore leave has been canceled for crews.
Sheriff Tony said they will continue to access and examine every ship that comes through, and the process will consist of them evaluating whether or not it’s safe to allow passengers to disembark.
He added there would be several more ships coming through the port before they shut down to comply with the Governor’s office.
“By remaining calm, strong, and united, we’ll get through this together.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office provides services for Central Broward, Cooper City, Dania Beach, Deerfield Beach, Ft Lauderdale-Hollywood Int’l Airport, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, Lauderdale Lakes, North Lauderdale, Oakland Park, Parkland, Pembroke Park, West Park, Pompano Beach, Port Everglades, Tamarac, Weston and unincorporated West Broward.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.02.25Story Walk Returns to Parkland Library with ‘The Unbreakable Bond’
- News2021.02.25Gov DeSantis Announces Vaccination Site in Coconut Creek, 5 Others
- News2021.02.25Congress Reintroduce Bipartisan EAGLES Act Mass Violence Prevention Bill
- News2021.02.23Girl Scout Cookie Sales Are Here: Parkland Locations February 26-28