By Jill Fox
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Senior Gabriela Montes is “masking” a difference.
Montes is the chapter leader of an organization collecting encouraging cards and masks to donate to essential workers in Parkland and Coral Springs.
On Monday, August 31, a fundraiser will be held at Pasquale’s. When customers mention “Masking a Difference,” a portion of their food sales will be donated to the organization.
“We recently received our first donation of 345 masks and are looking for more individual donations as well as community involvement,” said Montes.
Masking a Difference is looking for school and community organizations to help them collect masks and cards, and students can receive service hours for volunteering and making cards.
Montes said the cards would all be going to essential workers, so messages of gratitude are encouraged.
Anyone interested in donating masks or cards can email or text (954) 391 3954. Find more information on Masking a Difference by visiting @maskingadifferenceFL on Instagram.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer