By Jill Fox
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Senior Gabriela Montes is “masking” a difference.
Montes is the chapter leader of an organization collecting encouraging cards and masks to donate to essential workers in Parkland and Coral Springs.
On Monday, August 31, a fundraiser will be held at Pasquale’s. When customers mention “Masking a Difference,” a portion of their food sales will be donated to the organization.
“We recently received our first donation of 345 masks and are looking for more individual donations as well as community involvement,” said Montes.
Masking a Difference is looking for school and community organizations to help them collect masks and cards, and students can receive service hours for volunteering and making cards.
Montes said the cards would all be going to essential workers, so messages of gratitude are encouraged.
Anyone interested in donating masks or cards can email or text (954) 391 3954. Find more information on Masking a Difference by visiting @maskingadifferenceFL on Instagram.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.14Parkland Resident Donates $20,000 To Chabad Playground Honoring Alyssa Alhadeff
- News2021.01.12Student-Led Organization ‘People of Change’ Promotes Racial Equality
- News2021.01.12Congregation Kol Tikvah Holds Virtual Comedy Night with Amazing Vacation Auctions Jan 30
- News2021.01.11State Rep Christine Hunschofsky Launches High School Internship Program