By Jill Fox
“We’re Open. Welcome back.” is what graces the homepage of Town Center at Boca Raton.
Although the mall, managed by Simon Property Group, seems eager for shoppers, the experience doesn’t look quite the same. Luxurious retail stores are now adorned with signage and floor decals encouraging social distancing.
On Wednesday morning, with “Health and safety as their priority,” the mall officially opened. But those planning on venturing out should know that not all 220 stores are following suit, and hours are limited.
Following Phase 1 standards, facial coverings must be worn by everyone, and free masks and sanitizing wipe packets are available at designated areas.
According to Simon Property Group, only two mall entrances will be open, and the number of shoppers allowed inside will be limited to “a maximum density of 50 square feet per person.” If achieved, others will be asked to wait in their cars or lines outside, spaced six feet apart.
Dividers will separate incoming and outgoing traffic, elevator occupancy will be limited, and social distancing markers will be placed in queue areas, like the food court and restrooms. As far as bringing the kids, child play areas, water fountains, and strollers will remain out of service for now.
Enhanced sanitizing and disinfecting measures have already been put in place. All employee areas and touchpoints, including transaction registers, computer touchscreens, shared equipment, like phones and radios, light switches, doorknobs, drawer handles, etc. will be cleaned “regularly during the day and upon indication of additional need.”
During transactions, customers will be asked to use credit card receptacles when possible and maintain six-feet of separation — or be separated by a transparent barrier. Employees will also be required to wash their hands or utilize hand sanitizer after each customer transaction.
In addition to the long list of new protocols, upon reporting to work, employees’ temperatures will be taken, and those greater than 100.4°F, or with flu-like symptoms, will be directed to return home.
Town Center at Boca Raton is located at 6000 Glades Road. Hours of operation are Monday through Saturday, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sundays, from noon to 6 p.m. Shoppers are encouraged to check online to see what stores are open before traveling there.
Send your news to Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.21Evening Fire Damages Parkland Home in Heron Bay
- News2021.01.21Somerset Parkland Academy Owes Contractors $1.5 Million in Unpaid Bills
- News2021.01.19Parkland Community Blames Developer For Mold in Clubhouse
- News2021.01.14Parkland Resident Donates $20,000 To Chabad Playground Honoring Alyssa Alhadeff