By: Matt Rothman
Westglades Middle School boy’s volleyball team played a terrific match, winning their first-round playoff game against Franklin Academy Tuesday night in Parkland.
The Wolves won the opening game but trailed 20-14 in the second. After facing six set points and looking at a potential third set tiebreak, Westglades rallied to win the next eight points and win the match in two.
“It was an outstanding effort from all our eighth graders including captains Ben Rothenberg and Henry Leon, said Head Coach Raymond Haneski. “They have been behind in several games and have the drive to come from behind and win.”
During the regular season, the Wolves went 7-1 and finished in second place In their division going 4-1 in those games.
Up next, Westglades will play at Pompano Beach Middle School on Tuesday, February 4, at 4:30 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins Another BCAA Championship
- NewsFebruary 29, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Season Ends in State Semifinals
- NewsFebruary 28, 20245 Parkland Travel Soccer Teams Win Championship
- NewsFebruary 25, 20242 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestlers Advance to State Championship