By: Matt Rothman
Westglades Middle School boy’s volleyball team played a terrific match, winning their first-round playoff game against Franklin Academy Tuesday night in Parkland.
The Wolves won the opening game but trailed 20-14 in the second. After facing six set points and looking at a potential third set tiebreak, Westglades rallied to win the next eight points and win the match in two.
“It was an outstanding effort from all our eighth graders including captains Ben Rothenberg and Henry Leon, said Head Coach Raymond Haneski. “They have been behind in several games and have the drive to come from behind and win.”
During the regular season, the Wolves went 7-1 and finished in second place In their division going 4-1 in those games.
Up next, Westglades will play at Pompano Beach Middle School on Tuesday, February 4, at 4:30 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2021.01.14Marjory Stoneman Douglas Defensive End Nick Dobbs Commits to College
- News2021.01.08Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Basketball Begin 2021 Season Under Coach Carter
- News2021.01.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Start 2021 with Back to Back Wins
- News2021.01.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Start Season 2-0