By Jill Fox
The Parkland Chamber of Commerce is holding its annual State of the City, featuring guest speakers Mayor Rich Walker, Broward Sheriff’s Office Captain Chris Mulligan, and Deputy Fire Chief Mike Moser.
Held on Wednesday, May 12, at 8:30 a.m., the event will include a moderated panel where residents can listen and ask questions.
“We always try to give the community a chance to hear from our leaders and get their perspectives of what’s going on in the city,” said Chamber President Nicole Roman.
Mayor Rich Walker said he plans to discuss development, business, recreational projects and events, public safety, and some other upcoming construction projects.
“I’m excited to present an update on the state of our wonderful city,” he said.
In addition to a Parkland crime update, Captain Mulligan plans to speak about his work with communities on future events as Covid restrictions are lifted.
This Parkland Chamber event is complimentary to members and first-time guests. A $10 fee will apply after the first meeting. The Zoom link will be sent upon registration.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Celebrate Hanukkah with Mah Jongg, Latkes, and Vodka for a Good Cause
- NewsNovember 13, 2023Annual Pink Challah Bake and Mah Jongg Night to Benefit Jewish Women’s Health
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer