By Sharon Aron Baron
Applications are now open for high school seniors to apply for The Broward League of Cities 2021 scholarships.
The League will be awarding two $2,500 scholarships to outstanding students from around Broward County who plan to pursue a major in public administration, political science, or another government-related field. Applicants must demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills.
Students need to act quickly because applications and essays are due on March 12, 2021. If the student is selected as a finalist, they must be available for a Zoom interview on April 17.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must be a 2021 graduating senior in a Broward County high school, a permanent resident of Broward County, be pursuing a major in public administration, political science, or a government-related field at any accredited college or university in the United States; and have a minimum cumulative unweighted grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale), verified by a school transcript.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Educator Named Finalist for Career and Technical Education Teacher
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024Lead the Fight at the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024Congregation Kol Tikvah in Parkland Announces a Weekend of Spiritual Upliftment with Danny Maseng
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Florida Prepaid College Cuts Prices After Low Tuition Increases