By: Sharon Aron Baron
There will be a lot of bulk trash in November and December, with people staying in and buying more and receiving more over the holidays. Maybe with the weather cooling off, it’s a good opportunity to clear out the garage.
Whatever the reason, the city asks that bulk trash should be placed curbside no more than 12 hours before the scheduled collection.
Bulk trash includes household appliances, furniture, and other items of a bulky nature, such as tree stumps and logs, provided they are cut to the appropriate size and placed neatly at the curb.
Special and hazardous wastes including, but not limited to, construction materials, paints, automobile parts, electronics, and household cleaners are excluded and will not be collected. Please see the Hazardous Waste collection here.
If a resident has a refrigerator or freezer that they want to have picked up during bulk, they need to have the Freon removed. A professional can provide that service and then “tag” the appliance so Waste Management can collect.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.07.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Holds Car Wash Fundraiser
- News2021.07.13North Springs Improvement District Drinking Water Undergoing Routine Chlorination July 15
- News2021.07.12Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.07.03Hazardous Waste Drop-off Held in Parkland on July 10