By Jill Fox
Construction is underway on the new roundabout at University Drive and Old Club Road.
To reduce traffic back-ups at the intersection, which is home to the entrance to Parkland Golf and Country Club, the roundabout will replace the existing three-way stop.
The sidewalk has been temporarily relocated to accommodate pedestrians during construction, which is scheduled to be completed by December 2021.
Residents were able to vote on two conceptual designs, which were created for the roundabout features. At the meeting on August 19, the City Commission unanimously approved the design, including a fountain, which was overwhelmingly preferred by residents.
Todd DeAngelis, Communications Director for the City of Parkland, said, “It’s always tough to gauge possible delays during the rainy season, but we are on track to finish by the end of the year.”
DeAngelis also said the city is excited about the project as the roundabout will be a safer option for that intersection.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.07.30Meet Local School Resource Officers at ‘Parkland Night Out’ Event
- News2021.07.29Register For Inspiring Professional Women’s Alliance Luncheon Featuring State Rep. Hunschofsky
- News2021.07.28Parkland Little League Holds Free Pitch, Hit and Run Competition
- News2021.07.28Parkland Awarded $1.5 Million Grant For Future 36-Acre Park