By Jill Fox
In an 8-5 victory against Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday night, the Parkland Little League All-Stars 11U team advances to sectionals.
Head coach Derek Andersen, who considers the district to be one of the toughest in Florida, said it was a real thrill for the kids and the town.
“They showed drive, dedication, determination – their composure for 11-year-olds was off the charts,” he said.
This is the first year for the all-star team, made up of incoming sixth-grade boys, who practiced every day for four weeks under Andersen, Guido Defalco, and Matt Clary.
First baseman and pitcher Ryder Andersen said it made him so happy to watch his teammates win after their hard work.
In addition to Fort Lauderdale, the district included teams from Coral Springs, North Springs, Coconut Creek, and Deerfield Beach.
“I am so proud that our team won the district championship, but we are not done yet,” said second baseman and pitcher Franco Kwan-Acosta.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.07.30Meet Local School Resource Officers at ‘Parkland Night Out’ Event
- News2021.07.29Register For Inspiring Professional Women’s Alliance Luncheon Featuring State Rep. Hunschofsky
- News2021.07.28Parkland Little League Holds Free Pitch, Hit and Run Competition
- News2021.07.28Parkland Awarded $1.5 Million Grant For Future 36-Acre Park