By Jill Fox
In the early morning hours of July 5, the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department responded to a fire at a Parkland home in the community of Cypress Head.
According to Deputy Chief Mike Moser, the call came in at 1:46 a.m. reporting a residential house fire at the 7000 block of Ventura Court.
When crews arrived, they found smoke and fire coming from the garage area of the home. The fire was extinguished within 30 minutes, and there was smoke damage in the home, even though the fire was contained to the garage.
BSO Captain Chris Mulligan said one of the homeowners had minor injuries and was treated on the scene.
Moser said the family who lived in the home was renting from the homeowner, and have another place to stay. Their clothes were not damaged, but they will need to extensively clean their items before being able to use them.
The cause is still under investigation.
“We appreciate you,” she posted.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.05.10Parkland Library Welcomes Residents Back with Longer Hours and New Events
- News2021.05.10Mah Jongg And Mingle At Family Bagels in Parkland
- News2021.05.083 City Leaders Featured Guests at Parkland Chamber Event
- News2021.05.04Somerset Parkland Academy Paves Its Future With Help From Founding Families