By Jill Fox
In the early morning hours of July 5, the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department responded to a fire at a Parkland home in the community of Cypress Head.
According to Deputy Chief Mike Moser, the call came in at 1:46 a.m. reporting a residential house fire at the 7000 block of Ventura Court.
When crews arrived, they found smoke and fire coming from the garage area of the home. The fire was extinguished within 30 minutes, and there was smoke damage in the home, even though the fire was contained to the garage.
BSO Captain Chris Mulligan said one of the homeowners had minor injuries and was treated on the scene.
Moser said the family who lived in the home was renting from the homeowner, and have another place to stay. Their clothes were not damaged, but they will need to extensively clean their items before being able to use them.
The cause is still under investigation.
“We appreciate you,” she posted.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 6.
- Events2020.08.10Drive-In Movie Night in Parkland: ‘The Sandlot’
- News2020.08.06Local Mom Organizes School Supply Drive For Students in Need
- News2020.08.05Parkland Principals Address Back-To-School Concerns in Virtual Meeting
- Dining2020.08.05Parkland and Coral Springs Restaurants Offering Outdoor Seating