By: Matt Rothman
After playing in several minor league Spring Training games, former Marjory Stoneman Douglas infielder Gavin Conticello made his debut with the Arizona Diamondbacks on Monday.
Conticello went 2-2 and reached base three times after being hit by a pitch. In his first at-bat against hard-throwing left-hander Caleb Smith, Conticello recorded an infield single. He was then hit by a pitch before recording a single in the seventh against Diego Castillo to bring in Eduardo Diaz to make it 3-0.
Earlier in spring training, Conticello hit a pair of home runs and was expected to play in rookie ball, with a chance to play Low-A ball. In 45 at-bats last year after being selected in the eighth round, Conticello hit .289 with three RBIs and two stolen bases.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.17Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins Regionals Championship Behind Clemente’s 3 Run Homer
- News2022.05.172 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Players Make Their Commitment Official
- News2022.05.17Marjory Stoneman Douglas’ Kyanne Meredith Ties Personal Best in State Championships
- News2022.05.14Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Records Wild Regional Win in District Championship Rematch