By Jill Fox
Now in its fourth year, Parkland is once again holding its annual ‘Light up the Park’ event with more fun for the whole family.
On Friday, December 10, from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., food trucks, bounce houses, and space for families to sit back, relax, and enjoy the view from the great lawn is included in the free event. Attendees can wear their favorite ugly sweater and be entered into a raffle.
The special night will include entertainment from local schools and organizations, including appearances by holiday characters.
Nick Williams, the coordinator for parks and recreation, is excited about the return of the family-friendly event.
“We welcome our community to join us as we celebrate the holiday season through music, food, and fun at Pine Trails Park,” he said.
Residents are welcome to bring their lawn chairs or blankets for seating at the Parkland Amphitheater, where they’ll watch the lights turn on together as a community.
The Parkland Amphitheater is located inside Pine Trails Park at 10561 Trails End.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsJanuary 21, 2023Early Childhood Center Celebrates 20 Years in Parkland
- NewsJanuary 20, 2023Parkland Wiffle Ball Tournament Raises Money for Pediatric Cancer
- NewsDecember 6, 2022Lights, Camera, Shop, And Support Congregation Kol Tikvah
- NewsOctober 27, 202212-Year-Old Parkland Girl Fulfills Broadway Dream