By: Matt Rothman
This league features the top 100 18u baseball players in America and runs through July 6 at the National Training Complex in Cary, North Carolina.
The event features the country’s best 18-and-under players and serves as the primary identification event for @USABaseball18U
— USA Baseball (@USABaseball) June 27, 2022
“It means everything to me,” said Rodriguez. “It’s truly such a great honor, and I just want to go out do my thing and have fun and meet great kids and coaches.”
Rodriguez recently completed his junior season on the varsity baseball team and helped lead the Eagles to their second straight State Championship. The University of Florida commit went 7-1 this year and pitched to an era of 1.11.
He was the winning pitcher in the Regional Final game and also secured a victory in the High School Baseball Invitational featuring the top 16 teams in the country; and has 17 wins and stuck out 193 hitters in 118 innings. Rodriguez is also a lifetime .325 hitter with three home runs and 30 RBIs.
The Prospect Development Pipeline is a collaborative effort between Major League Baseball (MLB) and USA Baseball to establish a player development pipeline leading to the MLB Draft for amateur baseball players in the United States.
At the heart is the PDP Performance Assessment, a series of comprehensive evaluations utilizing state-of-the-art technology to measure cognitive skills, processing speed, athletic performance, and on-field talent.
Send your News to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.08.02Hunter Fitz-Gerald Set to Continue College Baseball Career in Sun Belt Conference
- News2022.08.022 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Receive Athletic Scholarships
- News2022.07.28Jayden Dubanewicz Becomes 5th Marjory Stoneman Douglas Pitcher to Commit to UF
- News2022.07.28Florida Pokers’ Nick Diaz Named to a Pair of All-Tournament Teams