By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas finished their first year under coach Keith Hindsley with their fourth win on Friday against Coral Glades.
“It’s nice to get a win over a cross-town team, taking the city title,” Hindsley said. ” We ended the season on a nice two-game winning streak. It’s great for our seniors to finish on a positive note!
Ryan Spallina opened the scoring with a touchdown to five MSD a 7-0 lead. The Eagles added a field goal before Corey Grant of Coral Glades cut the lead to 10-6. MSD, though, scored the following 14 points, with Spallina adding a 48-yard rushing touchdown and then connecting with Caleb Hensley for a passing touchdown to make it 24-6.
The Eagles will await to see if they will play in the postseason. If not, they will head into the 2024 season with a large number of players graduating but will get some reinforcements from the junior varsity team. The Eagles also had wins against Coral Springs High School, Boyd H Anderson, and Olympic Heights while losing to McArthur, Plantation, Jensen Beach, Monarch, Jupiter, and South Broward High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win