By: Matt Rothman
After a terrific run for the (3) Marjory Stoneman Douglas girl’s soccer team, they will have a chance to host a regional game against (6) Spanish River High School on Tuesday, February 11, at 7 p.m. at Marjory Stoneman Douglas.
The Eagles are coming off a regular-season where they won ten games, including ending the season without a loss in eight straight games.
MSD played Coral Springs High School in the first round of Districts and won 6-1 before defeating Coral Glades 4-0 for the team 22 District Title in School history.
The Eagles will be facing a solid Spanish River team, who won 14 games this season. However, they lost in the District Championship to Boca High School 2-0 and will have to travel to Parkland to move on.
These two teams did not play this season but faced off early last year when the Eagles won 2-1 on the road. The winner of this game will have the opportunity to play the winner of (2) Boca Raton and (3) Jupiter High School on Friday, February 14, at 7 p.m. at the remaining highest seed.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.01Anthony Rizzo Homers In First 2 Games with Yankees
- News2021.07.29Anthony Rizzo Involved in Stunning Trade From Chicago Cubs
- News2021.07.28Former Marjory Stoneman Pitcher Returns Home After Blockbuster Trade
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft