By: Matt Rothman
After a terrific run for the (3) Marjory Stoneman Douglas girl’s soccer team, they will have a chance to host a regional game against (6) Spanish River High School on Tuesday, February 11, at 7 p.m. at Marjory Stoneman Douglas.
The Eagles are coming off a regular-season where they won ten games, including ending the season without a loss in eight straight games.
MSD played Coral Springs High School in the first round of Districts and won 6-1 before defeating Coral Glades 4-0 for the team 22 District Title in School history.
The Eagles will be facing a solid Spanish River team, who won 14 games this season. However, they lost in the District Championship to Boca High School 2-0 and will have to travel to Parkland to move on.
These two teams did not play this season but faced off early last year when the Eagles won 2-1 on the road. The winner of this game will have the opportunity to play the winner of (2) Boca Raton and (3) Jupiter High School on Friday, February 14, at 7 p.m. at the remaining highest seed.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.07.08MSD Grad and Oakland A’s Pitcher Tests Positive for COVID-19
- Schools2020.07.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Grad Coby Mayo Inks Deal with Baltimore Orioles
- News2020.06.12Marjory Stoneman Douglas Prodigy Coby Mayo Drafted by the Major Leagues
- Schools2020.06.01New Coach Steers Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boy’s Volleyball in Right Direction Before Shutdown