By: Matt Rothman
After a terrific run for the (3) Marjory Stoneman Douglas girl’s soccer team, they will have a chance to host a regional game against (6) Spanish River High School on Tuesday, February 11, at 7 p.m. at Marjory Stoneman Douglas.
The Eagles are coming off a regular-season where they won ten games, including ending the season without a loss in eight straight games.
MSD played Coral Springs High School in the first round of Districts and won 6-1 before defeating Coral Glades 4-0 for the team 22 District Title in School history.
The Eagles will be facing a solid Spanish River team, who won 14 games this season. However, they lost in the District Championship to Boca High School 2-0 and will have to travel to Parkland to move on.
These two teams did not play this season but faced off early last year when the Eagles won 2-1 on the road. The winner of this game will have the opportunity to play the winner of (2) Boca Raton and (3) Jupiter High School on Friday, February 14, at 7 p.m. at the remaining highest seed.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville. He has also worked for the Naples Herald, Collier Sports Insider and was an assistant sports editor for his school newspaper.
- News2021.02.25Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Win 1st Game With Strong Offense
- News2021.02.24Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Victorious in Regionals, Advance to States
- News2021.02.23Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boy’s Soccer Complete Historic Season With 4 Postseason Victories
- News2021.02.21Marjory Stoneman Douglas Matt O’Dowd Set to Continue Football Career at LSU