By: Matt Rothman
After a terrific run for the (3) Marjory Stoneman Douglas girl’s soccer team, they will have a chance to host a regional game against (6) Spanish River High School on Tuesday, February 11, at 7 p.m. at Marjory Stoneman Douglas.
The Eagles are coming off a regular-season where they won ten games, including ending the season without a loss in eight straight games.
MSD played Coral Springs High School in the first round of Districts and won 6-1 before defeating Coral Glades 4-0 for the team 22 District Title in School history.
The Eagles will be facing a solid Spanish River team, who won 14 games this season. However, they lost in the District Championship to Boca High School 2-0 and will have to travel to Parkland to move on.
These two teams did not play this season but faced off early last year when the Eagles won 2-1 on the road. The winner of this game will have the opportunity to play the winner of (2) Boca Raton and (3) Jupiter High School on Friday, February 14, at 7 p.m. at the remaining highest seed.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 29, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Season Ends in State Semifinals
- NewsFebruary 28, 20245 Parkland Travel Soccer Teams Win Championship
- NewsFebruary 25, 20242 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestlers Advance to State Championship
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Seals No-Hitter Win in Home-Opener