By; Matt Rothman
It was a special night for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys and girls lacrosse team after honoring their seniors, as well as their wins over Spanish River Community High School.
Since they were freshmen, they have impacted the game for a combined 13 of the team’s 19 goals.
Fisher had a team-high six goals while Figas scored four, and Kitaygorodsky had three in the 19-4 victory.
Head Coach Kristina Stein can only marvel at what these girls have overcome and the tremendous strides they made both on and off the field.
“They experienced stuff that no one should have to experience, no less high school freshmen,” Stein said. “For them, the team became a family and a support system. In my mind, they are more than players to me and worked incredibly hard to become outstanding players.”
For the boys’ team, they honored four players in Caleb Dion, Austin Horwitz, Brandon Marsh, and Simon Miller in their 13-5 victory.
The Eagles’ win was their fifth as freshman Darren Edenbaum continues his incredible season as he added a pair of goals and now has 27 this year along with eight assists in seven games.
Up, Next MSD will play Belen Jesuit Preparatory School on Friday, March 12 at 7 p.m. as they come in with a perfect 8-0 record on the season.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.04.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Track and Field Finish 2nd, Girls 4th at Meet
- News2021.04.07Sullivan Scores Hat Trick in Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Lacrosse Win
- News2021.04.03Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 17th Game This Season
- News2021.04.012 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Lacrosse Players Score 6 Goals in Win