By: Sharon Aron Baron
Horns were honking, and streamers were flying while megaphones were blasting out the names of Mary Help of Christians Catholic School’s 53 graduates.
Teachers even took to driving through Parkland neighborhoods visiting each graduate’s home on Saturday to deliver special goodies.
Despite the disappointment of not having the traditional MHOC send off to high school, the students were thrilled to have teachers from all grade levels stop, plant an MHOC Grad Lives Here yard sign, and give “air hugs” and good wishes from a socially appropriate distance.
Students also received their yearbook, commemorative T-shirt, and academic awards.
MHOC serves students from Pre-K through Grade 8 and is accredited by the Florida Catholic Conference.
Assistant Principal Julienne Winninger said, “We will truly miss our 8th-grade students and wish all of our Mary Help of Christians graduates the best as they begin their high school journey.”
A special Mass and presentations of diplomas will be celebrated virtually on June 3.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.07.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Holds Car Wash Fundraiser
- News2021.07.13North Springs Improvement District Drinking Water Undergoing Routine Chlorination July 15
- News2021.07.12Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.07.03Hazardous Waste Drop-off Held in Parkland on July 10