By Jill Fox
The rain didn’t stop Park Trails’ fifth-grade graduates and their families from celebrating the end of their elementary school careers.
A “car”mencement ceremony with music, balloons, proud teachers, and administrators took place on Wednesday at the Parkland elementary school.
In her first complete year at Park Trails, Principal Arlene Manville said she couldn’t let this year end without doing something to recognize the fifth-grade students.
“The rain couldn’t stop our celebration!”
More than 45 staff members joined the fifth-grade teachers to cheer, hold congratulations signs, and to wish the students well.
The video was filled with individual messages for the graduating class from each teacher, as well as appearances by the class president, administration, and even Mayor Hunschofsky. By far, the highlight of the presentation was a comparison of each student from their first day of kindergarten to the present.
Jordana Goldstein, whose twins Jonah and Ariel graduated on Wednesday said, “Although we did not envision the end of fifth grade this way, the parade gave us an opportunity to honor our children and thank the wonderful teachers at Park Trails for all they have done.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.11.2711-Year-Old Gains National Attention After Annual Parkland Turkey Bowl
- News2020.11.27Greater Broward Pap Corps Holds Shopping Event At Jeaneration
- News2020.11.27BSO Protects Parkland Residents from Porch Pirates Over the Holidays
- News2020.11.26Parkland Holds Holiday Decorating Contest For Residents