By Jill Fox
In addition to being a summer camp counselor and preparing for her SATs, Parkland teen Taylor Aks has her own recipe for success.
The 16-year-old Cypresshead resident and FAU High sophomore is mixing her desire to promote healthy cooking with her love for SOS Children’s Villages, Florida which offers support services for foster children while placing an emphasis on keeping siblings together.
For the second time, Taylor is raising funds for the organization by selling a self-made cookbook filled with her family’s original recipes.
In 2020, Taylor cooked up the idea with her digital cookbook Cooking With Love During Quarantine, a collection of 86 different recipes, which raised $2,000 for SOS Children’s Villages.
“They are a wonderful, loving organization that creates stable, loving families for orphaned and abandoned children,” said Taylor.
This time, she is focusing on health and fitness in her next book, Healthy Cooking, highlighting her favorite nutritious recipes.
“I’m getting ready to go to college, and I want to take the recipes with me and inspire others to be healthy as well,” she said.
Her favorite recipes include turkey taco soup, teriyaki turkey rice bowls, and overnight oats, which are customizable and easy to take on the go.
Once again, proceeds from the cookbook will be donated to the charity, and so far, she has already exceeded last year’s total, with $2,400.
Her mother Pam said, “She’s blown everybody’s mind with what she’s been able together.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.06.13Mah Jongg Players Meet For 2 Summer Gatherings At Family Bagels
- News2021.06.09Friendship Journey Scholarships Awarded In Memory of Jaime Guttenberg And Gina Montalto
- News2021.06.08Parkland Mourns Respected Father, Husband and Coach, Drew Evan Wiener
- News2021.06.08Any Fin Is Possible At Parkland’s Summer Youth Fishing Derby