By Sharon Aron Baron
Residents will get the opportunity to see and hear the candidates during the first-ever Parkland Public Office Debates on October 5 and 6.
Hosted by the Parkland HOA Presidents Council, the debates will be held online and moderated by Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School AP Government teacher, Jeff Foster, author of Which We Stand: How Our Government Works and Why it Matters.
Running for Parkland mayor are current city commissioners, Stacy Kagan, and Richard Walker. Because both are running, they are required to resign from their current positions resulting in several seats changing hands in November.
The candidates for District 1 are Simeon Brier, Denise DellaPolla, William Reicherter, and Alexander Zand. District 2 is Jordan Isrow and Derek Olivier, and District 4 is current City Commissioner Bob Mayersohn and Robert Brannen.
The Mayoral Debate will be Monday, October 5, from 7-8 pm, followed by the Commissioner Debates on Tuesday, October 6, from 7-9 pm, with all eight candidates for District 1, 2, and 4 participating.
Members of the Parkland community will have the opportunity to submit potential questions for the candidates to PHPC2020Debates@gmail.com.
The PHPC said they are excited to be organizing this event for the Parkland community and provide residents the opportunity to hear the perspectives of all the candidates running for office.
Zoom webinar, Oct 5, 2020, 7:00 p.m. Click the link to join. Webinar ID: 836 8442 8012
Or iPhone one-tap: US: +19292056099,,83684428012# or +13017158592,,83684428012#
Oct 6, 2020, 7:00 p.m. Click the link to join. Webinar ID: 831 0288 3568
Or iPhone one-tap: US: +19292056099,,83102883568# or +13017158592,,83102883568#
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.07.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Holds Car Wash Fundraiser
- News2021.07.13North Springs Improvement District Drinking Water Undergoing Routine Chlorination July 15
- News2021.07.12Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.07.03Hazardous Waste Drop-off Held in Parkland on July 10