By: Jill Fox
Due to a severed fiber optic cable resulting in an internet outage, to the city and homes in the area, the previously scheduled city commission meeting has been rescheduled from the original date from Wednesday to Monday.
The new meeting on Monday, April 20, will take place at 9:00 a.m.
The internet outage, affecting AT&T customers has affected 1,500 households in Parkland.
Residents may view the agenda before the meeting which includes a Resolution extending the State of Local Emergency relating to the COVID-19 Pandemic until May 20, 2020.
Those who wish to address the city commission may submit a request to the City Clerk before the Commission meeting by signing up online before 6:45 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
Residents are invited to watch from the comfort of their homes. Please go to this link. Meeting ID 931-337-398.
Submit your news to Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.14Parkland Resident Donates $20,000 To Chabad Playground Honoring Alyssa Alhadeff
- News2021.01.12Student-Led Organization ‘People of Change’ Promotes Racial Equality
- News2021.01.12Congregation Kol Tikvah Holds Virtual Comedy Night with Amazing Vacation Auctions Jan 30
- News2021.01.11State Rep Christine Hunschofsky Launches High School Internship Program