By: Jill Fox
Due to a severed fiber optic cable resulting in an internet outage, to the city and homes in the area, the previously scheduled city commission meeting has been rescheduled from the original date from Wednesday to Monday.
The new meeting on Monday, April 20, will take place at 9:00 a.m.
The internet outage, affecting AT&T customers has affected 1,500 households in Parkland.
Residents may view the agenda before the meeting which includes a Resolution extending the State of Local Emergency relating to the COVID-19 Pandemic until May 20, 2020.
Those who wish to address the city commission may submit a request to the City Clerk before the Commission meeting by signing up online before 6:45 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
Residents are invited to watch from the comfort of their homes. Please go to this link. Meeting ID 931-337-398.
Submit your news to Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.09.29Marjory Stoneman Douglas Grad Aims to Educate Voters with Nonpartisan Education Platform
- Schools2020.09.28Gina Rose Montalto Memorial Foundation Awards Total of 3 Scholarships
- News2020.09.27Our Interview with the Four Candidates for City Commission District 1
- News2020.09.253 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Create Masks with a Meaning