By Jill Fox
In memory of their younger sister, Hunter and Huck Pollack opened up in a short, meaningful video about Princess Meadow’s Playground and its significance to their family.
Princess Meadow’s Playground opened on January 4, 2020, in memory of Meadow, and the 16 others who lost their lives on February 14, 2018.
Hunter, 22, was instrumental in seeing the project through, and when his friend, Jeffrey Goldman approached him about shooting a video, Hunter said, “Why not do it in the park, where people can see the fundamentals of it?”
A University of Central Florida film graduate and self-employed videographer, Goldman is also a Marjory Stoneman Douglas alumnus.
“I watched Meadow grow into the young, radiant woman everybody knew and loved,” said Goldman, who met Huck, 24, in preschool and was also great friends with Hunter and Meadow.
Goldman wanted to create this special video of Meadow’s Playground to give a voice to her brothers, who are rarely ever seen in a private, intimate setting.
“I wanted to show how our community, even after a horrible attack, can come together to create change and to make an impact,” said Goldman.
In the video, Huck talks about what makes Meadow’s playground the best way to remember his sister.
Hunter, who starts NSU Shepard Broad College of Law in August, said it was a fun project they wanted to do to showcase the beauty of the park and its significance to the community.
Princess Meadow’s Playground is located at Betti Stradling Park at 10301 Wiles Road.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.14Parkland Resident Donates $20,000 To Chabad Playground Honoring Alyssa Alhadeff
- News2021.01.12Student-Led Organization ‘People of Change’ Promotes Racial Equality
- News2021.01.12Congregation Kol Tikvah Holds Virtual Comedy Night with Amazing Vacation Auctions Jan 30
- News2021.01.11State Rep Christine Hunschofsky Launches High School Internship Program