By Jill Fox
This Friday, residents can enjoy a delicious meal while supporting both Parkland youth sports and small businesses.
Odyssa Billings, who handles marketing and fundraising for the Rangers and has three children in the program, said they are doing it for the kids.
“We are so excited to have a meal, feel safe and comfortable, and for the kids to get back to having sports in the fall,” she said.
On June 19, from 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., diners can mention “Rangers,” and 33 percent of the bill will be donated to Parkland Rangers Football & Cheer Organization.
Billings said they are looking at more creative ways to find partnerships and drive business since COVID-19 has impacted a lot of their sponsors.
The restaurant will have three seating options, as well as outdoor dining with a DJ, an a la carte, and a kids’ menu. Following the success of last year’s event, patrons must have reservations because 50 percent of the tables were removed due to COVID-19 restrictions.
“They are trying to be a little more mindful of the way things are and allowing 30 minutes in between each seating to clean and reset the tables,” said Billings.
Dads will receive a choice of complimentary beer or glass of wine with each reservation.
Malbec Grill is located at 7351 State Road 7 in Parkland.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.09.29Marjory Stoneman Douglas Grad Aims to Educate Voters with Nonpartisan Education Platform
- Schools2020.09.28Gina Rose Montalto Memorial Foundation Awards Total of 3 Scholarships
- News2020.09.27Our Interview with the Four Candidates for City Commission District 1
- News2020.09.253 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Create Masks with a Meaning