By Jill Fox
Vice Mayor Mayersohn has a nice ring to it, or so the members of the commission thought as their repeated giggles could be heard throughout Wednesday night’s meeting.
In former Commissioner Bob Mayersohn’s new gig, he has the responsibility of serving as the Parkland Mayor if Mayor Christine Hunschofsky is ever unable to do so.
“It’s a big task, representing the city,” said Mayersohn, after his first official city commission meeting as vice mayor.
He told the commission he was humbled and grateful for their trust and confidence, and he is looking forward to serving them, as well as the residents and city of Parkland.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 6.
- News2020.07.11Parkland Mayor Hunschofsky Endorses Bob Mayersohn for City Commission
- News2020.07.10Nominate Someone for the 2020 Broward Education Foundation Hall of Fame
- News2020.07.10City Hopes to Ease Traffic With New Roundabout in Parkland
- News2020.07.10Parkland Proposes Budget and Millage Rate for 2021