By Jill Fox
Vice Mayor Mayersohn has a nice ring to it, or so the members of the commission thought as their repeated giggles could be heard throughout Wednesday night’s meeting.
In former Commissioner Bob Mayersohn’s new gig, he has the responsibility of serving as the Parkland Mayor if Mayor Christine Hunschofsky is ever unable to do so.
“It’s a big task, representing the city,” said Mayersohn, after his first official city commission meeting as vice mayor.
He told the commission he was humbled and grateful for their trust and confidence, and he is looking forward to serving them, as well as the residents and city of Parkland.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- News2020.04.02Suspicious Incident or Pest Control Service? Parkland Crime Updates Through March 30
- Dining2020.03.31Anthony Rizzo Foundation Provides Free Meals to Health Care Workers
- News2020.03.29Local Stores Create Special Hours for Shoppers Vulnerable to COVID-19
- News2020.03.27Parkland Resident’s Mom Returns Home after being Stuck at Sea