By: Matt Rothman
Though the high school football season has drawn to a close, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas team continues to see its players earning selection to All-Star Games.
The Eagles have Justin Spano, Tucker Jean, Justin Valentine, Gabe Lenamon, and FCA Coach of the Year Quentin Short competing in the Palm Beach vs. Broward All-Star Game. MSD went 8-4 this year and recorded their first playoff victory since 2017 after defeating Santaluces High School 48-44
Despite playing behind Clayton Cannon Jr, who set the all-time single-season rushing record, Spano rushed for 936 yards and had 13 touchdowns. He also had 237 yards receiving yards and three more touchdowns.
Lenamon was the leader on defense for MSD, leading the team with 115 tackles. He also had 1.5 sacks and two quarterback hurries. Jean played on both sides of the ball, led the team with 10.6 sacks, and was second in tackles with 56. He also caught five passes for 89 yards and two touchdowns.
Valentin was also a leader defensively, averaging 2.5 tackles per game, three sacks, and five quarterback hurries as well. All four players are currently uncommitted but strive to play at the next level.
This game is set to be played on Jan. 14 at Forest Hill High School in West Palm Beach at 6 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.02.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Advances to Regional Semifinals
- News2023.02.07Parkland Pokers’ Evan Stramanak Wins Perfect Game ‘Player of the Year’
- News2023.02.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Team Wins 1st Playoff Game
- News2023.02.04Marjory Stoneman Douglas Cheerleading Team Finishes 3rd in State Championship