By Jill Fox
Parkland families are getting an opportunity for some more summer fun.
Residents are invited to a family drive-in movie on Friday, June 26 at the Equestrian Center.
“Our first drive-in movie this summer was such a hit with our residents, I am glad our staff was able to organize another one so quickly,” said Mayor Christine Hunschofsky.
This time, the featured movie is “Sonic the Hedgehog.” Gates open at 6:45 p.m. and cars will be parked in pre-measured rows practicing 6-foot physical distancing in a way that makes sure everyone has a great view of the screen. The movie will start at approximately 8:15 p.m.
The City of Parkland is proud to host the drive-in movie free of charge to the community. There is no entry fee or ticket required to attend but space is limited.
Social distancing requirements are in effect, and movie-goers will need to remain in their vehicles—or on them.
Golf carts and pets are not permitted to attend, and concessions will not be available, so residents should bring their own snacks and drinks.
“It is a great way to enjoy a fun family night out in a safe way,” said Hunschofsky.
The special events hotline will be updated if any changes or weather updates occur at 954-757-4215. The Equestrian Center is located at 83560 Ranch Road in Parkland.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 11 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.03.02Feeling Lucky? Register For Pap Corps Bingo on March 17
- News2021.03.02MEDNAX Awards Four $20,000 Scholarships to Marjory Stoneman Douglas Seniors
- News2021.02.28Parkland’s Eats ‘n Beats is Back with Live Music and Food Trucks
- News2021.02.27Don’t Miss Out: Registration Opens March 1 for Parkland Summer Camps