By Jill Fox
In Jacob’s Shoes needs help providing shoes and other supplies to children in the community.
The local charity was founded in honor of Jacob S. Zweig, tragically killed at the age of 17. In 2008, his parents Murray and Harlene Zweig created In Jacob’s Shoes to honor his memory by providing children in need with shoes for school.
In addition to collecting new and gently used shoes, the organization is currently in need of laundry detergent, Lysol aerosol disinfectant, Oxyclean Stain Remover, new socks, and new shoelaces.
Items can be brought to Congregation Kol Tikvah on Thursday, June 11, between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Contactless donations will be taken right out of the trunks of cars.
Since its inception, In Jacob’s Shoes has provided over 140,000 pairs of shoes and 900 backpacks with school supplies to children and families in need living in Broward, Palm Beach, and Miami-Dade Counties.
Congregation Kol Tikvah is located at 6750 University Drive in Parkland.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 11 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.03.05Make Our Schools Safe Awards $888 Alyssa Alhadeff Soccer Scholarship
- News2021.03.04Carmela Coffee Holds Beginners Mah Jongg Night on March 16
- News2021.03.03Parkland Preteen Collects LEGO Sets For Hospitalized Children
- News2021.03.02Feeling Lucky? Register For Pap Corps Bingo on March 17