By Jill Fox
Deputies from the Broward Sheriff’s Office got to the “bottom” of an aggravated battery case in the Parkland Bay community.
On Wednesday, June 17, a deputy responded to the new Parkland development when a man was shot in the buttocks by a BB gun.
The 24-year-old victim was working on a construction site at the 12500 block of South Parkland Bay Trail when he felt two sharp pains in his left buttock and leg.
According to the police report, when the victim turned around, he noticed two juvenile males near the property perimeter fence fleeing south through the bushes, heading toward the community of Heron Bay.
One of the suspects dropped the weapon in the bushes along the fence line, which was recovered by a deputy and placed into evidence.
The deputy met with the victim, who had a red, irritated bump on his left buttock and lower left leg. He refused medical attention and said he wished to prosecute.
Two deputies canvassed the Heron Bay area and located two juveniles walking east on the 12700 block of Heron Bay Drive. When the suspects saw the BSO vehicle, both sat on the grass and put their hands in the air.
The deputy asked both suspects why they were sitting, and they replied, “We’re in trouble.”
Both juveniles said they were playing around with the BB gun — a 760 Pumpmaster. One of the suspects, a 15-year-old male, also had 27 BBs in his pocket. He was placed into custody and transported to the Parkland District office. The other suspect was released to his parents.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 6.
- News2020.07.31Dough’nt Miss The Opening of Crumbl — Coming Soon
- News2020.07.28$5 Bracelet Raffle Helps the Gina Rose Montalto Memorial Foundation
- News2020.07.27Parkland Chamber Presents Q & A with Local Principals Aug 5
- News2020.07.27After Liver Failure, Marjory Stoneman Douglas Teacher Struggles to Make Ends Meet