By: Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland through June 26. Names of those not arrested have been redacted.
5800 block of NW 60th Place
On June 20, a female was arrested for aggravated assault with deadly weapon-domestic violence after she threw her cell phone at her husband in the presence of deputies. The couple is married, live together in the same household, and have two children.
9700 block of Cinnamon Court – Parkland Golf and Country Club
On June 23 at 5:45 a.m., two brothers were involved in a physical altercation. The incident resulted in the arrest of a male juvenile for domestic battery upon his adult brother. He was transported to the juvenile assessment center.
6100 University Drive
On June 24, following a traffic stop for an unlawful speed violation, contact was made with the driver and front-seat passenger. After detecting the odor of burnt cannabis emitting from the vehicle and post-issuance of Miranda warnings, the driver was determined to be in possession of approximately 0.4 grams of marijuana, a glass pipe, and a metal grinder. He was charged with Possession of Cannabis<20 Grams and two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia. The passenger was issued a notice to appear and released without incident.
6000 block of NW 97th Drive
On June 24 at 6:43 p.m., deputies responded to a residence when a neighbor reported seeing an FPL transformer smoking and making popping noises. Shortly after arriving, deputies began to see smoke coming from another nearby home. There was a small fire on the telephone network box, which was on the north-side wall of the residence. The box was in flames, but Coral Springs and Parkland Fire Engine 42 was on the scene and quickly put it out. The fire caused some paint damage to the wall.
10895 Vista Terrace – Cascata
Between 5:00 p.m. on June 21 and 10:27 a.m. on June 24, items were reported missing from homes under construction. No victims were listed.
6300 block of NW 71st Terrace – Pine Tree Estates
The complainant reported that sometime between Jan 1 – and June 25, her ruger 9mm semi-automatic went missing. She advised that she moved into the residence on January 2019, and after checking her home, the weapon couldn’t be found. She advised there are no signs of forced entry into the house and is not sure if it was lost during the move. No victims were listed.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 6.
- Crime & Safety2020.05.31Countywide Curfew Issued Due to Ongoing Civil Unrest
- Schools2020.05.31Top 2 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Surprised at Home
- News2020.05.28Metro Broward Firefighters Union Endorses Stacy Kagan for Parkland Mayor
- News2020.05.27Innovative Parkland Students Show Off their Inventions