A Parkland pedestrian has died from injuries sustained after a vehicle hit him.
Shortly before 9 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 5, the Broward Sheriff’s Office Parkland District deputies and the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department responded to a vehicle versus pedestrian call at NW 76th Street and Heron Bay Boulevard.
According to a witness, the man, a resident of The Estates in Heron Bay, was walking northbound in the crosswalk in front of The Vistas when a vehicle exited the community and hit him.
The adult male was transported to Broward Health North and pronounced deceased.
Traffic homicide detectives responded and are investigating the circumstances surrounding the crash. Updates available once we get them.
- A Coral Springs resident for over 30 years, Jim Donnelly has had a 40-year career as a photographer, videographer, and editor for South Florida affiliate news stations, along with CNN, ESPN, ABC Sports and News, NBC Sports and News, Fox News, and CBS. Donnelly has won several awards, including EMMY’s, for his team coverage. Currently, he owns Image Masters Photography and works as a Realtor.
- News2023.01.28Parkland Crime Update: Fraud Costs Elderly Man $100k
- News2023.01.27Top K-9 Teams from Florida, Georgia, and Alabama to Compete in Prestigious USPCA Field Trials in Coconut Creek
- News2023.01.2210 People Transported To Area Hospitals After Wreck on Sawgrass
- News2023.01.21Parkland Crime Update: Burglar Steals $3k from Residence