By Jill Fox
While two Parkland residents were out Saturday night, a mysterious boy with a strange voice visited their home delivering a $6.66 pizza they did not order.
On Saturday evening, as they typically do, Alka and Raja Singh went out to dinner and left their 12-year-old son at home in the care of a babysitter in The Highlands section of Heron Bay.
However, when their Ring doorbell chimed around 9:30 p.m., something strange took place at their door. Their son and his babysitter opened the front door to find a mysterious teen who was wearing a t-shirt which said Phila 21, holding a pizza box. The teen spoke in a strange voice while asking them whether or not they had ordered a pizza.
“Hello there, are you Harold?” He asked. “You order a pineapple pizza?”
He then told them the pizza was $6.66. Their son, who was standing inside the house behind the babysitter told the boy they did not order the pizza.
According to Alka, her neighbor confirmed he had seen three boys walking around with a pizza box while congregating around her car.
Thanks to their Ring doorbell, the Singhs were able to capture video of the incident and share it with police.
“Something needs to be done about safety in Heron Bay,” said Alka, who stayed home from work on Sunday because of her nerves. She said she didn’t know what to do next.
In the meantime, Alka told her babysitter not to open the door for anyone, and she and her husband have filed a police report.
UPDATE: After publication, the owners found out the teens were playing a “prank”.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.09.253 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Create Masks with a Meaning
- News2020.09.25BSO Units Arrests 4 Suspects after Parkland Car Burglary
- News2020.09.25Parkland Farmers’ Market Returns November 1 with ‘Drive Thru’ Format
- Politics2020.09.24Parkland Commission Votes to Lower Millage Rate For 2021