By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School concludes its fall sports season on a high note, with a group of talented athletes earning well-deserved recognition for their exceptional performances.
Addison Walker led the way for the girls volleyball team, making First Team All-County. The Seton Hall commit led the team with 256 kills, including 28 during a match. Walker also had a .331 hitting percentage, while Cameron Ulinski, a D’Youville University signee, was named Second Team All-Conference.
Jeremy Fishkin and William Ross were named Honorable Mentions on the football field. Fishkin played on the offensive line and is signed with Florida A&M, while Ross shined on defense, helping the Eagles to four wins in Keith Hindsley’s first year as head coach.
Angelo Ferringo and Bryce Gregory were named to the Second Team All-Conference in bowling, with Vincent Ciullo and Collin Oliphant being named Honorable Mentions. Ella Schwartz was also recognized from the cross country team and was named Second Team All-Conference after making it to States.
Josh Lieberman, Ryan Shimony, and Jayden Thuraisingham were honorable mentions from the boys golf team. At the same time, Ella Mamane and Sutton Oosterhuis made it for the girls team after qualifying for States.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Seals No-Hitter Win in Home-Opener
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Begins Season With Win Under New Coach
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Marks Historic Day with 6 Athletes Signing College Commitments
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Records Opening Night Win; Former State Champs Impress