By: Chris Brunner
Last week, academic quiz show School Duel featured competitors Coral Springs High School and Marjory Stoneman Douglas to battle it out for prizes along with bragging rights.
Originally airing on BECON-TV, School Duel is a 19-show series featuring 20 high school teams from Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach Counties. The four-person teams compete in a single elimination tournament to determine the South Florida academic champion. Over 55 high schools in the area competed in an online test to be part of the show, and the top 20 schools made it to the “televised” rounds.
The Coral Springs High School is: Nevin, Sabastian, Sophie and Szilard. The Marjory Stoneman Douglas team is: Ariana, Carson, Elijah and Kevin.
The players on the winning and runner-up teams receive prizes from the sponsors, including a $1,000 check for each winning student from BrightStar Credit Union and Chick-fil-A along with a championship trophy from EDCO Awards and Specialties. The winning school also receives a two-foot-tall School Duel trophy to display at their school.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since 2015 and begin in high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college as well as working at Parkland Talk.
- Events2019.07.03Coastal Championship Wrestling Returns to Coral Springs with ‘Stars & Stripes’
- Events2019.06.10Humane Society Holds Summer Adopt-A-Thon
- Events2019.01.21Coastal Championship Wrestling returns for a ‘New Years Revolution’
- Events2018.12.07Pearl Harbor Day: Film Screening ‘Rescue in the Philippines: Refuge from the Holocaust’