By: Chris Brunner
Last week, academic quiz show School Duel featured competitors Coral Springs High School and Marjory Stoneman Douglas to battle it out for prizes along with bragging rights.
Originally airing on BECON-TV, School Duel is a 19-show series featuring 20 high school teams from Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach Counties. The four-person teams compete in a single elimination tournament to determine the South Florida academic champion. Over 55 high schools in the area competed in an online test to be part of the show, and the top 20 schools made it to the “televised” rounds.
The Coral Springs High School is: Nevin, Sabastian, Sophie and Szilard. The Marjory Stoneman Douglas team is: Ariana, Carson, Elijah and Kevin.
The players on the winning and runner-up teams receive prizes from the sponsors, including a $1,000 check for each winning student from BrightStar Credit Union and Chick-fil-A along with a championship trophy from EDCO Awards and Specialties. The winning school also receives a two-foot-tall School Duel trophy to display at their school.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since 2015 and begin in high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college as well as working at Parkland Talk.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.16$250,000 Matching Gift for the Humane Society of Broward County
- Crime & Safety2019.10.20National Teen Driver Safety Week Held on October 20-26
- Events2019.09.29Grudges Settled During Coastal Championship Wrestling Event in Coral Springs