By Ryan Yousefi
Three men allegedly responsible for a string of burglaries across Broward County were arrested and charged with multiple offenses ranging from petit theft to felony burglary following a surveillance operation that ended with the break-in of a Parkland vehicle.
DeAndre Dean, 24, Lauderhill, Rickie Noel, 19, Lauderhill, and JaJuan Davis, 24, Fort Lauderdale, were taken into custody after the Broward County Sheriff’s Office received tips the trio had conducted burglaries throughout Broward County.
According to the police report, on February 2, the Broward Sheriff’s Office Burglary Apprehension Team (BSO BAT) conducted mobile surveillance on a 2003 black Acura TL after detectives received tips related to the alleged crimes. While monitoring the vehicle, deputies noticed that its occupants would get out and attempt to enter different cars whenever they entered a shopping plaza or park.
After some time, deputies observed the Acura entering the Barkland Dog Park located at 9245 Ranch Road, where detectives observed the driver, Deandre Dean, exit the car and pull on a door handle of a parked vehicle.
Realizing the car was locked, the police report said Dean then reentered the driver seat and began to drive around the parking lot, eventually parking next to a silver Toyota Corolla, where Davis, the front-seat passenger, then got out of the car and shattered the front passenger window of the Corolla.
The report states Davis was then seen unlawfully entering the vehicle and taking the victim’s brown and white purse and other belongings that would be later identified as Airpods and a Wells Fargo credit card.
Detectives did not immediately engage the three alleged criminals and followed them as they traveled into Deerfield Beach and parked at a Wawa gas station on Sample Road.
The report shows deputies observed a stolen purse being thrown into nearby bushes and one of the men entering the gas station.
Waiting for a safe and reasonable time, Broward Sheriff’s Office Burglary Apprehension Team eventually moved in and took Dean, Noel, and Davis into custody.
Upon a search of both the suspects and the vehicle, the victim’s stolen items were found in their possession.
All three men were arrested and transported to the Broward County Main Jail.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Register Now for the 3rd Annual ‘Make Our Schools Safe’ Golf Classic
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Broward County School Board Chair Lori Alhadeff Invites Community to Educational Resource Event
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Parkland Buddy Sports Launches 12th Annual 8-Week Running Buddies Program
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Parkland’s Parents Night Out Includes Halloween Bounce Party for Kids October 6